Sab John’s Workshop: The Magic of Screenwriting
Date: 08-09, February 2020.
Time: 10am to 5pm.
Place: Kochi, Kerala
Facilitator Profile: Sab John Edathattil is an accomplished screenwriter having written for more than 30 movies including the likes of Guna, Chanakyan, Kuruthippunal, Sillunu Oru Kadhal etcetera, to name a few. More . . .
- Mainstream movie magic – A formulaic approach
- Story – genre, types, and methods of developing story ideas
- Exercise: Developing your story idea from a blank mind
- Movies are stories – Screenplays are structure
- Structure types of storytelling
- World of Story & World of Characters – Actor’s Bonanza
- Introduction to treatment & step outlines
- Dramaturgy: the theory and practice of dramatic composition in movies
- Characters – by types, by archetypes
- Layers in Character
- Dialogues – Actor’s Bonanza
- Exercise: Writing the story treatment
- Exercise: Writing scenes for screenplays
- Effective techniques to pitch and sell your screenplay
- Bonus Session: Movies to OTT and vice versa, the growing trends
Facilitator-lead Interactive Discussions, watch many Short Movies, some PowerPoint presentations, write a lot with the newly acquired knowledge, Rewrite and assess.
Avail Hands-on Experience:
- Create a story from a blank mind
- Create dramatic content and learn the process
- Growing trends in structure
- Create and assess your own content for Digital Platforms
+91 98408 33689